Want to do a Triathlon but just nervous about running? Smile, the hardest part is over…because the hardest part is actually deciding to start running. Let your fear fall behind you and start by thinking of running as fun!
Seriously if I can enjoy doing dishes to my favorite tunes – well maybe enjoy is an overstatement, but appreciate at least – would be more correct, then I’m sure you’ll start enjoying your morning run, with the right music in no time.
I understand music is super personal, however having talked to many runners from my gym and Triathlon club, its surprising how many of us have the exact same songs when it comes to running. So here you have it, my list of some of the best music out there.
1. Lady Gaga – Poker Face: A motivational upbeat song that beats are just perfect to get those legs warmed up and moving.
2. The Black Eyed Peas – I Gotta Feeling: The beat of this is almost perfect if you’re running a 7 minute mile…almost too perfect. The lyrics are fun, non-offensive (OK, maybe “lets burn the roof” somewhat not so nice, but in general…)
3. M.I.A – Paper Planes: For anyone who hasn’t seen the movie Slumdog Millionaire, go watch it! You’ll be addicted to this song.
4. Pitbull – Hotel Room Service: OK the lyrics are a bit disturbing “Forget about your boyfrend and meet me at the hotel room” and that’s just the beginning but it is a great upbeat song, and if you can actually not get offended by the lyrics then it becomes quite amusing.
5. Eminem – Lose Yourself: Despite numerous attempts of my friends to convince me that Eminem is just bad rap, there’s something about the phrase “If you had one shot, one opportunity to seize everytihng you ever wanted, one moment…would you capture it or just let it slip” that makes me want to push myself.
Hope all of these should amount to about 20 min of music, which is perfect for just starting to run 2-3 miles.