The Akai Professional Timbre Wolf is a polyphonic 4-voice analog synth with a novel approach to how the voices interact.
Featuring a single voltage controlled amplifier (VCA) – either square or saw – each voice is run through a 4-pole low-pass filter with resonance. The filter for each voice is modulated by an envelope, which can be shaped by dedicated decay and envelope amount knobs.
Individual voices can be tuned slightly or radically different from each other and played independently, performed polyphonically in a “round robin” style or in unison, where all four play at once. With individual outs for each voice, the potential for all sorts of creative routing and mixing is unleashed.
All four voices have their own 32-step dedicated sequencer with A/B and fill variation. The sequencer features 4 tracks in total. Each of the sequence tracks send their notes via MIDI, meaning if you’re using the sequence in poly mode, you can have track 1 send its notes to the Timbre Wolf and use tracks 2-4 to control other synths, keyboards, drum machines, etc.
Configurable as 4 mono synths, a 4-voice unison or a 4-voice polysynth, Timbre Wolf bares a beastly sound and features a high quality 25-key custom keybed. An LED display and Octave ± controls gives you visual command of your sound and amazing flexibility.
For the uninitiated, Timbre Wolf is a great-sounding, affordable and easy-to-grasp entry into the world of analog synthesis. For you knob tweakers, this synth represents the coupling of a world-class sequencer with endless amounts of sonic variation that sounds as great as it looks.
- 4 independent voices, playable by built-in keyboard and/or incoming MIDI messages
- Independent Controls: volume, tuning, waveform selection (square, sawtooth), filter cutoff, filter resonance, envelope amount, envelope decay, mute/select
- Selectable: Voice Modes: Mono, Poly, Unison
- Time Divisions: 1/4; 1/4 triplet-based; 1/8; 1/8 triplet-based; 1/16; 1/16 triplet-based; 1/32
- Patterns / Sequences: 16 patterns, each with 2 sequences + 2 fills/sequences
- Display: 3-digit, 7-segment LED
- 25 velocity-sensitive keys (3-octave range with Octave –/+ buttons)
- 1 pitch bend wheel
- Step Switches: 16 on-off buttons with 3-color step indicator LEDs
- (1) 360° encoder
- (26) 270° knobs
- Inputs / Outputs
- (1) 1/4” TRS main output (TS-compatible)
- (1) 1/4” TRS headphones output
- (4) 1/4” TRS voice outputs (1 for each voice)
- (1) 1/8” TS gate trigger input (0–12 V max, 5 V recommended)
- (1) 1/8” TS gate trigger output (5 V pulse)
- (1) 5-pin MIDI input
- (1) 5-pin MIDI output
- (1) 5-pin MIDI through
- (1) USB port
- Power: 12 V, 2 A, center-positive power adapter (included)
- Dimensions (width x depth x height): 16.8” x 13.7” x 3.1”
- Weight: 8.6 lbs
- Timbre Wolf
- Power Adapter
- User Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
True analog 4-voice polyphonic synthesizer
Configurable as 4 mono synths, a 4-voice unison or a 4-voice polysynth
Independently customize the sound of each voice as you play
Gate trigger In/Out, for triggering your sequences via modular synths, vintage sequencers or external sound sources
32-step sequencer for each voice