QSC GX7 Stereo Power Amplifier
Do you need a high powered, low-priced amp with professional performance while also being light in weight? Look no further than the QSC GX7 Power Amplifier! Like all QSC power amps, the GX7 was built to deliver professional audio quality, meticulous engineering, precision manufacturing and long-term reliability. It’s all here – dramatic styling, easy hookup and adjustments, excellent audio quality and QSC reliability.
The GX7 amplifier is powerful enough to handle most PA speakers on the market. Typically, loudspeaker manufacturers recommend an amplifier with power output equal to the speaker’s Program (Music) Power rating or two times (2 x) the Continuous (RMS) Power rating. The GX7 outputs 725 watts into an 8 ohm load. The GX7’s 1000 watts will very capably power many of today’s popular subwoofers or two typical 8 ohm speakers per channel.
The QSC GX7 adds the road-proven PowerLight supply to the Class H output section, for more overall output power and additional weight savings. The result is one of the highest power-to-weight ratios in the industry. A low-noise variable-speed fan with rear-to-front airflow keeps amplifiers and racks cool.
GuardRail protection delivers full peak power while preventing detrimental overloads. During excessive clipping, or extreme overheating, GuardRail reduces gain just enough to preserve the integrity of the music, protect the speakers and keep the audience excited, without unprofessional distortion levels or shutdowns.
A subwoofer reduces strain on the full-range speaker, allowing it to play louder, or letting a smaller speaker do the same job. The GX Series supports this mode with a Crossover switch that splits the full-range input – sending 20 Hz -100 Hz to the sub (Ch 1) and 100 Hz – 20 kHz to the top box (Ch 2). The front panel gain controls balance the sub and top box, while GuardRail optimizes peak power into the sub and top individually, for greater musical impact and dynamic range.
- Power levels matched to the most popular speakers used by entertainers
- Optimized for maximum real-world headroom into 4 Ohm and 8 Ohm speaker systems
- XLR, 1/4 inch balanced and phono inputs for compatibility with any source
- Speakon – 1/4 inch (TS) combo outputs, accepts 2-pole or 4-pole (connects 2 poles only)
- Binding posts to support all other speaker wiring systems
- Minimum depth chassis fits in compact, inexpensive racks
- Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity
- GuardRail automatically protects the amplifier and loudspeakers from damage due to temperature rise or overdrive without shutting down
- Front panel LEDs monitor Power, Signal and Clipping
- Subwoofer/Satellite crossover built-in
2 x balanced XLR and 1/4-inch TRS (one on each channel)
RCA phono connectors
Speak on combo XLR/TRS connectors (on each channel)