The Akai Professional MPK2 series of performance pad and keyboard controllers are an all-in-one controller solution for studio composers and live music performers. The MPK2 series combines deep software integration, enhanced workflow, and core technologies from the iconic line of MPC workstations with a keyboard for maximum flexibility without complication.
The MPK225 features 25 semi-weighted keys with aftertouch pressure sensitivity, 8 MPC-style pads with RGB feedback, 8 Q-Link knobs and 4 switches, and onboard transport buttons. Four pad banks expand the number of assignable pads to 32 total, and three banks expand assignable knobs 24 with 12 switches.
Plus, MPK225 is optimized to interface directly with your Mac or PC with USB power and plug-and-play connectivity, so you can go where you need to and have all you need to.
- Note Keys: (25) keys; semi-weighted, velocity-sensitive; 10-octave range with octave up/down buttons or transposition
- Pads: (8) pads; velocity- and pressure-sensitive; (4) banks
- Knobs: (8) 360º encoders; (3) banks
- Switches: (4) switches; LED-backlit; (3) banks
- Inputs / Outputs
- (1) USB port
- (1) 1/4” (6.35mm) TRS expression pedal input
- (1) 1/4” (6.35mm) TS sustain pedal or footswitch input
- (1) 5-pin MIDI in
- (1) 5-pin MIDI out
- Power: via computer USB bus or USB charger (sold separately) via power adapter (sold separately): 6V DC, 1A, center-positive
- Dimensions (width x depth x height): 19.25” x 11.75” x 3.63”
- Weight: 6.09 lbs
- Quickstart Guide
- USB Cable
- Safety & Warranty Manual
All-in-one controller with keyboard and trigger pads for performing live and composing in studio
25 semi-weighted, full-size keys with pressure sensitivity
8 RGB-illuminated MPC-style pads (32 assignable via 4 banks)
8 control knobs and 4 switches (24 knobs and 12 switches assignable via 3 banks)
Revamped control layout with backlit LCD screen powered by USB connection to computer