The performance-oriented Alesis V49 offers expressive hands-on control for the software musician seeking an inexpensive, compact MIDI keyboard controller with expanded features.
The new V series combines velocity-sensitive keys with eight drum/trigger pads, allowing virtual instruments to be played with dynamic expression. Cool blue LEDs illuminate the pads—as well as the four assignable knobs and buttons—for positive visibility. Musicians can make assignments quickly via the MIDI Learn feature. Octave shift keys provide access to the entire note range. A single USB cable provides both a power and data connection to nearly any computer.
The V49 also comes with Software Preset/Parameter utility that makes setup a snap and includes free downloads for Ableton Live Lite 9 and Xpand!2 by AIR Music Tech.
- Keyboard: 49 keys; velocity-sensitive; full range of 127 MIDI notes with Octave Up/Down buttons or transposition
- Pads: 8 assignable pads; velocity-sensitive; blue-backlit
- Knobs: 4 assignable 270° knobs; blue-backlit
- 4 assignable buttons; blue-backlit
- 2 Octave Up/Down buttons; blue-backlit
- Inputs / Outputs
- (1) USB port
- (1) 1/4” TS footswitch input
- Power: via computer USB
- Dimensions (width x depth x height): 37.6” x 9.6” x 4.5”
- Weight: 9.5 lbs
- V Editor Software (download)
- Software Download Cards
- USB Cable
- User Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
Perfect building block for music producer needing to control plug-ins and virtual instruments
49 full-sized, square-front keys with adjustable sensitivity
8 LED-backlit drum trigger pads respond to both velocity and pressure
4 assignable knobs, 4 assignable buttons, and Pitch & Mod wheels
USB-powered with sustain-pedal input