Zoom F8 Multi Track Field Recorder for Filmmaking and Sound Design
– Advances in video have made filmmaking accessible to creators everywhere. But the accessibility of professional audio devices has not kept pace. Field recorders, with essential features such as time code, have been unobtainable for most. Until now. The F8 is made for serious filmmakers and sound designers. With 8-input/10-track recording, super low-noise preamps and support for 24-bit/192kHz audio, the F8 captures the highest-quality audio.
The F8 provides every option you need to create professional field recordings:
– Phantom power (+24V/+48V) can be turned on and off for each preamp individually.
– Plug in any Zoom mic capsule.
– 10 tracks-8 input channels, plus a stereo mix track*-allow you to simultaneously record stereo and surround sound.
– An onboard mixer with flexible routing of all inputs and outputs (pre- and post-fader). Each channel has controls for pan, input/output delay, filtering, and limiting.
– The F8 can be mounted to a tripod and attached to your camera using the included mounting bracket.
Samson SR850 Professional Studio Reference Headphones
– The SR850s provide total comfort for extended studio sessions. A 1/8-inch to 1/4-inch gold-plated adapter is included with the headphones.
1/4-Inch Professional Speaker Cable
– Quantity: 4
3 Pin XLR Mic Microphone Cable
– Quantity: 4
FiberTique Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth
– Extremely fine microfiber leaves zero scratches, streaks or marks.
HIGH-RESOLUTION AUDIO AND ADVANCED LIMITERS. The F8 can record at 24-bit/192 kHz resolution and is equipped with onboard limiters designed to provide overload protection. Limiting can be applied to all 8 channels simultaneously at full resolution, with 10dB of headroom and controls for setting threshold, attack and release.
TIME CODE WITH PINPOINT ACCURACY. The F8’s time code is state-of-the-art. It utilizes a precision oscillator that generates time code at 0.2 ppm accuracy, enabling rock solid syncing of audio and video. The F8 supports all standard dropframe and non-drop formats and can jam sync to time code being provided by external devices. An input and output are provided on standard BNC connectors, enabling easy integration into any rig.
FILE FORMATS, RESOLUTION AND SAMPLE RATES. The F8 records in BWF-compatible WAV format at 16 or 24-bit resolution and at any standard sample rate up to 192 kHz. When recording files in MP3 format, you can choose bit rates of 128, 192 or 320 kbps.
COMPREHENSIVE HEADPHONE MONITORING. Out in the field, it’s important to be able to quickly check levels as you’re recording. With the F8, it’s simple. A single display lets you monitor single or multiple tracks, as well as any of the Main or Sub outputs, via a dedicated 1/4″ headphone jack with a front panel volume control.
A FIRST IN THE FIELD. The F8 is the first field recorder to come with wireless Bluetooth control. The Zoom F8 Control App for iOS provides extensive wireless remote control of the F8 from your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch (5th Gen) using Bluetooth LE protocol.